The VHS site coordinator plays a key role in the success of the VHS program at the local level.
Site Coordinator Responsibilities
- Work with the local school administration to: recruit eligible students, coordinate and implement local grading and registration policies, and monitor student progress
- Maintain contact with students, VHS staff, VHS teachers, the local school administration, and parents
- Ensure VHS students have access to the necessary technical resources
Site Coordinator Qualifications
The site coordinator can be a teacher, a guidance counselor, an administrative staff member, library aide, computer aide or any other staff member with authority to access student records and grades.
A successful site coordinator will typically possess the following characteristics:
- A student advocate
- Strong presentation and communication skills to educate the school's guidance department and community about the VHS program
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
VHS Site Coordinator Training
Partner schools can choose to train multiple site coordinators allowing for greater flexibility.
How it works:
- Duration – 5 hours of online course work
- Tuition - Free as part of your school's partnership