The Technology Services and Support Project Manager reports to the VP of Technology and is a member of the Technology team. The Technology team is responsible for providing stellar customer service, courseware and systems administration and support, management of technical vendor relations, technical support for participants and staff, staff technical training, evaluations and implementation of educational technology, and file server and staff computer management.
The Technology Services and Support Project Manager is expected to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in the planning and organizing of work, the proficient completion of assignments, applying departmental policy, resolving routine and unusual problems, and modifying plans to meet unexpected situations. The Technology Services and Support Project Manager is expected to perform tasks with minimal supervision and work well with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Manage technical administration and support services for all VHS faculty, staff, and participants, including online systems, software, and technical documentation. Provide hands-on technical support to VHS faculty and staff.
- Work with vendors and staff to ensure that we are meeting/exceeding established SLAs for all mission critical systems.
- Recommend improvements to support, systems, and hardware/software, to help ensure high levels of quality and efficiency as well as customer/staff satisfaction.
- Support the administration of the service ticketing system for VHS technical support needs, triaging tickets and/or completing tickets as assigned.
- Serve as project manager to plan for completion of technical services, support, and development goals and projects on time and on budget.
- With tech management, oversee technical training and knowledge share for internal and external customers.
- With tech management, manage development and review process for technical documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and related reference material.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the VHS student information system vendor and manage vendor relation, contract, renewal, and billing agreement.
- Project Manager for annual and recurring events.
- Other special projects/duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in information systems.
- Solid hands-on technical background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive project management experience
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot technical issues and make decisions
- Initiative and sound judgment and the ability to problem solve
- A positive attitude and the ability to work in a highly interactive, hands-on, small-team environment
- Ability to work with team members at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize
This full-time, full-year position located in Maynard, MA includes a generous benefits package including: Life Insurance at two times annual salary, Long-term Disability and AD&D Insurance, 5 weeks of annual paid leave in addition to 12 paid holidays, employer retirement contributions, a flexible workplace, and the option to purchase employer subsidized pre-tax medical/dental benefits and enroll in a health and/or dependent care flexible spending account (FSA). Local applicants preferred; consideration will be given to highly qualified fully remote applicants as well.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources (Jane Gallagher).