VHS Learning (VHS, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has offered online education services and support to schools around the world for almost 25 years. The mission of VHS Learning is to provide students and teachers with collaborative and engaging learning opportunities. The vision of VHS Learning is to prepare students to be successful in college, careers, and life.
We believe all students deserve equal access to quality educational choices that help them reach their fullest potential and that students learn best within a supportive, teacher-led, small-group environment. We believe collaborative learning and student exchange and interaction are essential for skills development in our global society.
Technology Services and Support Project Manager Responsibilities
The Technology Services and Support Project Manager reports to the VP of Technology and is a member of the Technology team. The Technology team is responsible for providing stellar customer service, courseware and systems administration and support, management of technical vendor relations, technical support for participants and staff, staff technical training, evaluations and implementation of educational technology, and file server and staff computer management.
The Technology Services and Support Project Manager is expected to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in the planning and organizing of work, the proficient completion of assignments, applying departmental policy, resolving routine and unusual problems, and modifying plans to meet unexpected situations. The Technology Services and Support Project Manager is expected to perform tasks with minimal supervision and work well with staff at all levels of the organization.
Typical duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Administration of technical and support services for all VHS Learning faculty, staff, and participants, including online systems, software, and technical documentation. Provide hands-on technical support to VHS Learning faculty and staff.
- Working with vendors and staff to ensure that we are meeting/exceeding established service level agreements for all mission critical systems.
- Recommending improvements to support, systems, and hardware/software to help ensure high levels of quality and efficiency as well as customer/staff satisfaction.
- Supporting the administration of the service ticketing system for VHS Learning technical support needs, triaging tickets and/or completing tickets as assigned.
- Providing technical training and knowledge share for internal and external customers.
- With management, managing development and review process for technical documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and related reference material
- Serving as a primary point of contact for vendor relationships as assigned.
- Serving as Project Manager for annual and recurring events.
- Other special projects/duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in information systems is preferred
- Solid hands-on technical background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management experience
- Initiative and sound judgment and the ability to problem solve
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot technical issues and make decisions
- Positive, service-oriented attitude
- Good discernment and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with online learning and/or education services and support is a plus.
Starting Salary: $45,000 - $65,000 depending on level of experience.
Benefits: This full-time position includes a generous benefits package including: life insurance at two times annual salary, long-term disability insurance, five weeks annual paid leave, retirement benefits, employer-subsidized pre-tax medical and dental benefits, and more.