VHS Learning (VHS, Inc.) is a nonprofit based in Maynard, Massachusetts that provides schools, students and teachers with collaborative and engaging online and blended learning opportunities. The VHS Learning vision is to prepare students to be successful in college, careers, and life. For more than 20 years, VHS Learning (www.VHSLearning.org) has expanded learning options at schools across the country and around the world. VHS Learning currently collaborates with more than 650 schools across 40 US states and 44 countries.
The Professional Development Associate (PD Associate) is a member of the VHS Learning Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) Team which is responsible for online and blended course curriculum and course instruction for students, teachers, and schools. The PD Associate supports teacher quality efforts and the development of professional learning opportunities to meet VHS Learning's continuous improvement goals.
- Support Professional Learning Opportunities: Assist in the development of professional learning programs, including development of collateral to support webinars and specific learning modules. Assist with creation of customer facing documents and support registration process.
- Support Online Teaching Methodologies (OTM) program for new VHS Learning teachers: Assist with a variety of tasks related to OTM program, including communications, screening of potential applications based on VHS Learning needs and documenting status, preparation of OTM sessions, and document preparation for graduate credit partners.
- Instructional Support: Support a variety of instructional quality efforts, including but not limited to oversight of plagiarism documentation and support of resolution of plagiarism incidents; support development, revision and maintenance of faculty advising documentation; assist in evaluation of veteran teachers and faculty advising process; and maintenance of teacher profile information.
- Data Maintenance and Reporting: Assist with preparation and/or presentation of data, including development of new reports using existing data on teacher quality and credentials. Additional data maintenance and reporting projects as needed.
- Projects and Other Activities: Support initiatives related to course and instructor quality, accessibility, and Student Information System (SIS) and Learning Management System (LMS) enhancements. Participate in additional activities, VHS Learning projects, and cross-team activities as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ experience in education setting preferred
- Experience working with MS Office required, including proficiency with Excel
- Experience with an online learning management system (LMS) preferred
- Strong work ethic, independence, and self-motivation with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to completion
- Organized, thorough, able to take and follow directions
- Excellent communication skills and mastery of English language, grammar, and spelling
- A positive, customer-first attitude
- The ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) based in Maynard, MA.
Starting salary is $45,000 annually and includes a generous benefits package including 5 weeks paid leave, medical, dental and retirement benefits, and much more.