If your students cannot physically attend school due to health concerns like COVID-19, their education can continue using VHS Learning’s online platform and services. We understand the shift from face-to-face teaching and learning to entirely online is new for most people. Our nonprofit organization has partnered with schools for over 20 years and we’re here to make that transition as easy as possible. We can provide your school with services including:
Choose to host your own content or utilize ours. Both options include our learning management system Brightspace by D2L. You’ll gain access to:
- Available course and lesson templates
- Collaboration tools for group work and student engagement
- ReadSpeaker tool to accommodate multiple learning styles
- D2L’s plagiarism detection with Turnitin
Get started quickly with 200+ unique core and elective courses for high school credit. We offer flexible 4 and 8-week courses, as well as semester-length and full-year content (including College Board-approved AP® courses and NCAA-approved courses).
- Gain all the usability of our online platform.
- Choose from your teachers or ours. Our teachers are trained in online pedagogy and certified in their subject areas.
We have several options to help first-time online teachers:
- We have webinars available on online learning best practices as well as support from our experienced Curriculum & Instruction Team (all certified expert teachers).
- Teachers can access helpful guides on online teaching best practices for FREE. Click here.
- We recommend our robust graduate-level program, Online Teaching Methodologies. In this 4-week course, teachers learn the skills they need to be successful online and can earn graduate credits through Post University. Learn more here.
To supervise your school’s program and monitor students remotely, we train members of your staff to act as “Site Coordinators.” Site coordinators:
- Learn to use our student information system as a centralized location to register students, monitor grades, and provide parents with notifications of their student’s progress
- Gain access to resources and support from our knowledgeable School Services team and learn how to monitor student progress remotely to help them stay on track
Students who are new to online learning will begin with a self-paced orientation to their new classroom environment (the learning management system). There are also “start here” template lessons that you can customize to welcome students and set class expectations. For additional support, we have an extensive list of How-To documents and trouble-shooting resources in our Service Center, as well as 24-hour technical support (M-F).
VHS Learning is happy to advise your school as you create an online learning strategy now or plan for the future. We are experts in online education at the middle and high school level and helped develop the National Standards for Quality (NSQ) Online Courses, Programs, and Teachers.
Get started by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978.897.1900. Our nonprofit can help you establish your online learning program or a contingency plan during school closures.
- How to help educators and students adapt (quickly) to online learning
- 5 Ways Teachers Can Smooth the Transition to Online Learning
- Classroom Structure and Management in Your (New) Online Classroom
- Online Teaching Best Practices – How to give effective feedback, keep students engaged, set a positive tone, and more
- Making the Switch to Online Learning – Admin FAQs | Teacher FAQs
- Learning Continuity for School Closures Rubric
- Mission to the International Space Station – Free STEM Activities
- Other High Quality STEM Resources
- Looking Past the Spring – Guiding parents with flexible credit recovery and summer school