VHS Learning is a nonprofit organization with 25 years of experience providing world-class online programs to students and schools everywhere. Our approach includes rigorous and accessible courses, paced asynchronous learning, collaborative learning experiences, and highly qualified teachers who cultivate a safe and engaging learning environment.
We are proud to partner with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) on the STEM AP Access Expansion Opportunity program to offer AP STEM courses to students in Massachusetts who would not otherwise have access to these advanced learning opportunities.
We are currently seeking AP-trained STEM teachers who hold a valid teaching license to join us.
We are seeking to contract with teachers qualified to teach the following courses: AP Calculus AB, AP Statistics, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, and AP Physics 1. Teachers will teach one (or more) course sections on a contracted basis. Teachers will be compensated with a per student stipend for each student enrolled in their course section.
- Log in daily, Monday-Friday,
- Participate regularly in class discussions,
- Support student learning by clarifying content and answering questions,
- Complete grading in a timely fashion,
- Host virtual office hours to clarify content and support problem solving skills,
- Provide meaningful feedback on student work.
To be considered to teach with us, candidates must:
- Hold a valid high school-level teaching certification issued by a US state, MA licensure is preferred,
- Possess strong written English skills and excellent communication skills,
- Past experience teaching the requested AP course.
All approved AP course content is already in place so teachers can concentrate on providing feedback, driving online discussions, and communicating individually and collectively with the students. Courses are primarily asynchronous, but teachers will offer one or two virtual classroom sessions each week. Students and teachers also interact with each other through online discussions. Teachers share feedback through the gradebook and using video tools.
Online Teaching Methodologies (OTM)
Selected teachers will take our 4-week, graduate-level teacher training course and are required to attend (and pass) to qualify to teach with us. Only teachers who complete OTM are eligible to teach for this program. OTM:
- Follows the model of a VHS Learning course, so teachers experience the student perspective,
- Is collaborative, allowing teachers to learn with and from other educators,
- Allows teachers to explore the complete curriculum of the online course they are preparing to teach,
- Can be accessed and completed anywhere with a computer and internet connection,
- Takes approximately 10 hours per week and is free to teachers selected to teach for this program.
To learn more about VHS Learning, watch this video.
Questions Not Answered Here?
Please contact our PD Manager for more information.