VHS Learning (VHS, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has offered online education services and support to schools around the world for 25 years. The vision of VHS Learning is to prepare students to be successful in college, careers, and life.
We believe all students deserve equal access to quality educational choices that help them reach their fullest potential and that students learn best within a supportive, teacher-led, small-group environment. We believe collaborative learning and student exchange and interaction are essential for skills development in our global society.
Instructional Coordinator Responsibilities
The Instructional Coordinator (IC) is responsible for teacher training, ongoing teacher professional development, and support of VHS Learning teachers to ensure VHS Learning courses are delivered according to quality standards. Instructional Coordinators work closely with teachers to support student needs and uphold VHS Learning academic policies.
In addition, the IC will have other responsibilities related to the Curriculum and Instruction team, such as: supporting course development efforts as needed; supporting course platform upgrades; supporting evaluation of digital resources; and aligning content with applicable content frameworks.
Typical duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate and coordinate professional development offerings (courses/webinars).
- Serve as faculty advisor for new teachers and those who need additional assistance.
- Monitor teachers to ensure instruction meet National Standard for Quality Online Teaching.
- Mentor teachers with synchronous and asynchronous support, always maintaining a professional and empathetic tone.
- Resolve issues related to daily operations of VHS Learning courses.
- Oversee implementation of customized offerings working closely with other members of the VHS Learning team.
- Support teacher needs, including academic honesty concerns, support for struggling students, and creation of plans for students requiring academic accommodations.
- Develop and/or revise professional learning content as required.
- Generate conference topics, proposals, and papers as directed by supervisor.
- Teach VHS Learning online high school courses in area of certification as a substitute or upon request.
- Support course development as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in other VHS Learning projects and cross-team activities as required.
- Maintain proficiency in new platforms and programs as required
- MA/MAT in Education, Educational Administration or the equivalent.
- Valid secondary school educator or administrative certification from any U.S. State Department of Education, or ability to become certified through the Massachusetts DESE.
- Five+ years of experience teaching or administration at high school level.
- Extensive experience in online course facilitation preferred.
- Self-motivation, sound judgment, and the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly interactive team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work successfully on multiple projects at once.
Starting Salary: $50,000 - $65,000 depending on level of experience.
Benefits: This full-time position includes a generous benefits package including: life insurance at two times annual salary, long-term disability insurance, five weeks annual paid leave, retirement benefits, employer-subsidized pre-tax medical and dental benefits, and more.