Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter to Human Resources (Jane Gallagher) to be considered.
The Virtual High School (VHS) Office Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative operations for the Virtual High School (VHS) office including management of school contract receipts, filing and phone support, tracking and ordering of office supplies, and other general office duties. The Office Assistant reports to the Vice President of Operations. This is a full year, full-time, in-office position located in Maynard, MA. Standard office hours are 8AM-4PM.
- Perform general office duties including reception, mail and fax distribution
- Provide primary phone support for the VHS main phone line; triage calls to VHS staff members as appropriate.
- Maintain office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels and ordering of office supplies.
- Support the mailing of letters and promotional materials to appropriate audiences as needed.
- Assist CEO with travel arrangements and provide general assistance / follow up as requested.
- Assist CEO with Board of Directors support including coordination of the bi-annual VHS Board of Directors meetings including travel, hotel, food and meeting arrangements
- Assist Vice President of Operations with Human Resources support including the scheduling of interviews, preparing work stations, and creation of new employee handbooks/benefits packets.
- Maintain equipment by trouble shooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter funds.
- Support administrative needs of VHS staff members as requested.
VHS Client Support and Professional Development Support
- Organize and maintain VHS membership files (hard copy and electronic).
- Coordinate receipt and filing of membership, teacher, and other contracts.
- Follow up on unsigned contracts/forms.
- Assist with the ordering and tracking of course materials and waiver forms (lab/media kits).
- Create student transcripts as needed.
- Provide direct support to nonmember schools, parents, and students enrolling in VHS courses.
- Triage Leads and Tickets as needed
- Maintain quality CRM for VHS member schools.
- Resolve email bounces for member schools/faculty.
- Manage faculty awards process for 5/10/15+ years of service
- Create certificates for all educators completing VHS professional development courses.
- Produce receipts for payment of professional development and/or graduate credit upon request.
- BS in Business Administration or the equivalent experience.
- A positive, professional attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized and able to work on multiple assignments at once.
- Computer proficiency; working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with sound judgment and the ability to problem solve.
- A team player with integrity and a strong work ethic.
A generous benefits package is available which includes 182 hours of paid leave time, 12 paid holidays, company-paid life insurance at two times annual salary, company-paid long-term disability insurance, company-paid retirement benefits equal to 3% of employee’s annual salary, and subsidized health and dental insurance (50% in first year of employment, 75% after first year of employment).