VHS Learning (VHS, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has offered online education services and support to schools around the world for 25 years. The vision of VHS Learning is to prepare students to be successful in college, careers, and life.
We believe all students deserve equal access to quality educational choices that help them reach their fullest potential and that students learn best within a supportive, teacher-led, small-group environment. We believe collaborative learning and student exchange and interaction are essential for skills development in our global society.
The Curriculum Coordinator (CC) is responsible for curriculum coordination and support for instructional needs related to all VHS Learning courses within their academic discipline. Curriculum coordination includes review and revision of existing courses as well as development of new courses, to reflect the latest standards in online education and scholarship within the discipline.
In addition, the CC will have other responsibilities related to the Curriculum and Instruction team, such as: supporting faculty advising efforts; facilitating professional development; developing specific course elements, such as assessments, collaborative activities, or lab programs; identifying and evaluating digital resources; and aligning content with applicable content frameworks.
Curriculum Development and Standards Review
- Revise and/or manage revisions of existing courses within discipline.
- Develop and/or manage development of new courses within discipline.
- Maintain knowledge of pedagogical practices within discipline.
- Evaluate courses within discipline against appropriate state or national content framework.
- Facilitate communication about course improvements among teachers of the same course.
- Respond to support requests involving curricular quality and course materials.
- Maintain knowledge of curriculum development and online learning best practices.
- Ensure implementation of VHS Learning policies, standards, and pedagogy.
- Support all course and content-related issues within discipline.
- Respond to requests from instruction group regarding student or instructional quality issues.
- Facilitate professional development offerings or act as faculty advisor as required.
- Generate conference topics, proposals, and papers as directed by supervisor.
- Teach VHS Learning courses in area of certification as substitute or upon request.
- Participate in other VHS projects and cross-team activities as required.
- Maintain proficiency in new platforms and programs as required.
- MA/MAT in content area, Education, Educational Administration or the equivalent.
- Valid secondary school educator certificate from any U.S. State Department of Education, or ability to become certified through the Massachusetts DESE.
- Five+ years’ experience teaching and/or coordinating curriculum at high school level.
- Extensive experience in online course development and facilitation preferred.
- Self-motivation, sound judgment, and the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly interactive team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work successfully on multiple projects at once.
Starting Salary: $50,000 - $65,000 depending on level of experience.
Benefits: This full-time position includes a generous benefits package including: life insurance at two times annual salary, long-term disability insurance, five weeks annual paid leave, retirement benefits, employer-subsidized pre-tax medical and dental benefits, and more.