VHS Learning (VHS, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has offered online education services and support to schools around the world for 25 years. The vision of VHS Learning is to prepare students to be successful in college, careers, and life.
We believe all students deserve equal access to quality educational choices that help them reach their fullest potential and that students learn best within a supportive, teacher-led, small-group environment. We believe collaborative learning and student exchange and interaction are essential for skills development in our global society.
Director of Sales Primary Responsibilities
The Director of Sales, also known as the Director of Educational Partnerships, helps schools understand VHS Learning products and services and how those services can enhance and supplement local school offerings.
Typical duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- developing and maintaining relationships with school and district administrators, educational service agencies and other education leaders,
- selling solutions that help high schools implement successful online teaching and learning initiatives through professional development, consulting services, teacher-led courses and course content,
- qualifying marketing leads and working closely with sales and marketing to identify new business opportunities,
- closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and working collaboratively with internal staff to define and implement appropriate solutions and deliverables to address client needs,
- maintaining detailed records of all contacts and interactions in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Salesforce) and preparing sales forecasts and reports for management as required,
- achieving established individual goals and objectives and helping the sales and school services teams meet organizational objectives,
- managing and implementing VHS Learning's overall sales strategy,
- overseeing sales of Educational Partnership Managers and assisting with their day-to-day activities
- assessing team member’s performance through observation and measurement, and providing support, coaching, regular feedback, and training to team members,
- monitoring sales activity reports, meeting sales targets, and providing detailed and accurate forecasting.
- speaking and exhibiting at industry conferences and events and producing and conducting webinars that educate the market about the VHS Learning value proposition and provide valuable knowledge and information to schools and districts.
- Passion for K-12 education and closing inequities through collaborative online education and blended teaching and learning.
- In depth understanding of K-12 education and experience developing productive relationships with school administrators and industry leaders.
- Practical personal experience in the education sector, ideally as a school superintendent, principal, or teacher.
- Strong analysis skills and the ability to research trends, analyze opportunities, think strategically, and work with people at all levels of the organization to develop and execute plans.
- High energy. Team player. High level of professionalism and integrity.
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, who works well in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Technology savvy, with the willingness to embrace and utilize new sales and marketing automation tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated success prospecting for, defining, developing, closing, and implementing strategic sales and partnerships.
- Excellent leadership skills and a positive attitude
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Deep understanding of CRM systems and best practices
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time upon request.
- Experience with education sales is preferred.
- Master's in Education, MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
Starting Salary: $75,000+, depending on experience.
Commission: 3% commission on new business plus eligibility for team bonuses when goals are achieved.
Benefits: This full-time position includes a generous benefits package including life insurance at two times annual salary, long-term disability insurance, five weeks annual paid leave, retirement benefits, employer-subsidized pre-tax medical and dental benefits, and more.
To inquire about teaching with VHS Learning or for general employment inquiries please submit your resume and cover letter to James Hitchcock. We'll let you know if we have any openings - and keep you informed regarding opportunities for future assignments.