Part-Time Office Assistant
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter to Human Resources (Jane Gallagher) to be considered.
The Virtual High School (VHS) Office Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative operations for the Virtual High School (VHS) office including management of school contract receipts, filing and phone support, tracking and ordering of office supplies, and other general office duties. The Office Assistant reports to the Director of Operations. This is a full year, part-time, in-office position located in Maynard, MA.
- Perform general office duties including reception, mail and fax distribution
- Provide primary phone support for the VHS main phone line; triage calls to VHS staff members as appropriate.
- Maintain office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels and ordering of office supplies.
- Support administrative needs of VHS staff members as requested.
- Support the mailing of letters and promotional materials to appropriate audiences as needed.
- Assist CEO with travel arrangements and provide general assistance / follow up as requested.
- Assist CEO with Board of Directors support including coordination of the bi-annual VHS Board of Directors meetings including travel, hotel, food and meeting arrangements
- Assist Director of Operations with Human Resources support including the scheduling of interviews and creation of new employee handbooks/benefits packets.
- Maintain equipment by trouble shooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter funds.
- Prepare work stations for new employees
VHS Membership and Professional Development Support
- Organize and maintain VHS membership files (hard copy and electronic).
- Coordinate receipt and filing of membership, teacher, and other contracts, in coordination with Director of Operations.
- Follow up on unsigned contracts/forms.
- Assist with the ordering and tracking of course materials and waiver forms (lab/media kits).
- Create student transcripts as needed.
- Provide direct assistance to parents and students enrolling in VHS summer school courses.
- Help to maintain the contact list and school information database for VHS member schools.
- Resolve email bounces for member schools/faculty.
- Create certificates for all educators completing VHS professional development courses.
- Produce receipts for payment of professional development and/or graduate credit upon request.
- BS in Business Administration or the equivalent experience.
- A positive, professional attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized and able to work on multiple assignments at once.
- Computer proficiency; working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with sound judgment and the ability to problem solve.
- A team player with integrity and a strong work ethic